Thursday, November 4, 2010

Food and WOD Update

So let's start with the good news.  The past week has been full of double unders, rope climbs, heavy overheads, and fat bar work.  I love it.  Overall I've been feeling stronger, lighter, and faster. 

Until yesterday that is, and that's where the bad news comes in.  This is so disgusting that it has taken me two days to write up the post due to my embarrassment.  Tuesday I had an all day love affair with my fridge, pantry and freezer.  Last night when I went for my 10 mile run, every step felt like I was trudging through sand.  It was a horrific reminder of what happens when I eat garbage and lots of it.  The positive part of this whole ordeal is that no alcohol was involved.

Cause and effect is easy to analyze, but my real questions are how did it happen, why did I let it happen, and how can I stop it from happening again.  I could give you all of my personal drama, stress, and excuses for the big mis step, but the truth is that my life is pretty damn good.  I have wonderful kids, a good job, a loving family, great friends, and a pretty fantastic SnoRidge Crossfit community that make my life awesome. 

To top it off, food is fuel, not an emotional crutch.  My issue is that food and alcohol are much more than that in my life.  Balance is good, but how do you get there?  As soon as I find the answer, I'll share the wealth.

So here it is:

11/2 Food and WOD

Food

Breakfast-
1 chicken sausage, tomato, avocado, basil
Americano w/ splash of heavy cream

Snack-
1 banana & nuts

Lunch-
Ice cream Sundae

Dinner-
Steak, tomato, avocado, sweet potato

Dessert-
2 Reese Peanut Butter Klondike Bars
5 funsize candy bats

Workout

WOD-
Get Strong Overhead
3 Rounds for Time:
50 Ft. Barbell Overhead Walk (105#)
20 Wall Balls (14#)
15 Box Jumps (24")

Skills Work-
150 Double Unders for Time

11/3 Food and WOD

Food

Breakfast-
Grapes
Americano w/ splash of heavy cream

Snack-
Orange

Lunch-
Chicken Breast
Broccol w/ Balsamic and Olive Oil

Snack-
Apple w/ Almond Butter

Dinner-
Pork Chop, Zucchini, Brussel Sprouts

Workout

WOD-
10.11 mile run

No comments:

Post a Comment